Welcome to our site! This is our homepage, and here are all the information about our association.
The Macedonian Association of Publishers (MAI) is a newly formed association that unites the largest publishing companies from Macedonia – Kultura AD, TRI Publishing Centre, Ars Lamina, Matica Makedonska, Polica, Antolog, Sakam knigi, Eduka mak, Toper and others – aiming at raising the level of publishing activity in the country and working in direction of continuous improvement of the status of the book, as well reading in the country.
The goals and commitments of the Macedonian Association of Publishers are:
- Encouraging cooperation between publishers and bookstores;
- Promoting and protecting the professional interests of the publishers in relations with the state bodies and organizations when adopting laws and by-laws related to publishing and book business;
- Improving the conditions and method of selling books;
- Caring for the implementation of all legal regulations related to publishing and book-trade;
- Implementation of standards for editorial work;
- Organization of fair events, exhibitions and commercial presentations in the country and abroad;
- Promoting a code of conduct between publishers and bookstores in terms of correct mutual cooperation;
- Promoting solidarity among the members of the association:
- Developing and promoting the mutual relations between members of the association and other participants in the production and sale of books, primarily paper factories, printing companies and trade and book companies.
- Informing publishers and bookstores about free staffing and material potentials;
- Protection of publishers and bookshops in Macedonia and abroad;
- Advocating publishers and bookstores in front of state bodies;
- Promotion and affirmation of publishing and book-trade in Macedonia;
- Cooperation in solving professional and material-technical issues;
- Care for equalizing the market conditions for all participants in it;
- Improvement of the book network in the Republic and care for its supply and sale with domestic and foreign literature;
- Organization of seminars and education of staff for work in book-trade and more.
One of the priorities of the Macedonian Association of Publishers in the next period will be affirmation of the Macedonian literature in the world through participation in the international book fairs in Frankfurt, Belgrade, as well as through communication with the associations from the region and from Europe.
MAI already has several successful projects, including the Book Fairs in Paris, Frankfurt and Skopje, and at the same time is preparing a number of similar events throughout the bookstores and other cultural spaces in Skopje and throughout the country.
The MAI agenda includes literary events that will take place in several cities throughout Macedonia –in the form of book fairs, promotions of new publications, meetings with authors, readings, discussions, kind of literary festivals – which are realized with the support of the local municipalities, libraries and cultural institutions.